Fagerstrom Engineering, Inc. began in 1976 with the formation of Lars Fagerstrom Consulting Engineers in Walnut Creek, California. For over forty years the engineers of FE have served the mechanical and electrical engineering needs of California and abroad, with projects in seven of the United States, European, Middle Eastern, and South American countries. We thank you for your interest and the opportunity to present our services and experience.
Sven E. Fagerstrom, MSE, PE
President & CEO, Principal Engineer
Sven Fagerstrom offers over twenty-five years’ experience in engineering and design of electrical and mechanical systems for building and industrial systems, and utility power generation and distribution.
Mr. Fagerstrom continues involvement in research efforts focused on practical application of engineering principles for the development and improvement of physical systems and remains actively involved with the Lyles College of Engineering at California State University at Fresno.
Noted appointments include service as an Industry Advisory Board member to the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at CSU Fresno (2012-present), technical expert for crime scene reconstruction in support of criminal litigation (2016), smart grid technologies panel expert as appointed by Pacific Gas & Electric Co Senior Vice President (2015), Overall Project Manager for CSU Fresno’s Unmanned Aerial Systems joint venture with Edwards Air Force Base (2008-2011), and as utility distribution Smart Grid Advanced Fault Location Systems testing Project Lead at PG&E’s Technology Center in San Ramon, CA (2014-2015).
Sven Fagerstrom received his Master of Science degree in Engineering Magna Cum Laude at California State University at Fresno and was awarded the Graduate Dean’s Medal. He holds a BSEE from the same institution.
- Power Systems
- Hydro Power Generation / Generators
- Substation Ground Grid Hazards Analysis
- Arc flash Hazards Analysis
- Fire Alarm / Life Safety Systems
- Control Systems
- Lighting Systems
- Systems Analytics / Modeling / Simulation
- Power Electronics
- Photo-Voltaic (solar) Systems
- Utility Operations
- Hydro Generator Construction / Alignment / Balancing
- Hydro Generator Startup / Test
- Systems Optimization
- Systems Forensics / Failure Analysis
- Smart Grid Fault Location / Volt-Var Optimization / Line Sensors
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- American Society of Heating, Regrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Electrical Engineer #20630, State of California
- “Modelling and Characterization of Power Electronics Converters Using Matlab Tools” in the book “MATLAB – A Fundamental Tool for Scientific Computing and Engineering Applications – Volume 1“, Intech, 2011, ISBN 979-953-307-774-0.
- “Buck/Boost Converter Modeling and Simulation for Performance Optimization”, IASTED 22nd International Symposia on Modeling and Simulation, Calgary, AB, Canada, 2011.
Lars M. Fagerstrom, MSW
Project Engineer, Human Resources Director
Lars M. Fagerstrom offers over fifteen years of experience in design of electrical and mechanical systems related to heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, plumbing and piping, industrial control systems, PLC logic schemes and programming, and fire/life safety systems for a wide variety of building occupancies and AHJ jurisdictions, with particular expertise in hospital systems in California (OSHPD).
- HMI Systems Design
- Electrical Control Panel Design
- C Programming
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC)
- HVAC Systems Design
- Ladder Logic
- Fire Alarm/Life Safety Systems
- Building Energy Calculations
- AutoCAD Expert
- VFD Systems Programming
- Logic algorithms and programming
- Industrial Process Control